A Selection of Charles Crampton Objects
The following objects made by Crampton were produced as samples.
Art work details
- Year of production :
- Charles Crampton
- Dimensions :
The images include a ruler to give a sense of how small the object are.
Object information in order:
1. Three buttons - 1920 - reeds and brass - diam. 1.5cm
2. Miniature Bowl - 1920 – reeds - h. 3cm, diam. 8.2cm and Miniature Basket - 1920 - Coiled reeds with applied pigment - h. 6cm, diam. 13.9cm
3. Miniature ‘Southport’ Basket – 1920 - rattan or withie (willow) - h. 7.8cm, l. 8.8cm, d. 6cm
4. Chain Bracelet - 1920 (left) - organic plant material - l. 25cm and Chain Bracelet – 1920 – rattan - l. 15.5cm
5. Napkin Rings - 1920 (right) - natural and black cane - diam. 5.7cm and Napkin Ring – 1920 - rattan with gloss paint finish to the outside - h. 1.5cm, diam. 4.9cm
6. Ball - 1920 - interlaced lacquered rattan - similar to balls used for a game known as ‘takraw’ in Thailand and ‘spek raga’ in Indonesia - h. 9cm, diam 10.7cm